Hi there! My name is Kimberly Lockwood and I would love to be your doula! Here are 12 reasons that you should hire me:
1. I am a mother of four boys all of whom I gave birth to in the hospital naturally.
2. A good portion of your doula fee will go to help women in Papua New Guinea have a safe birth experience.
3. I'll bring you a home cooked meal after the birth!
4. I became certified through Doulas By Nature in January of 2011 and I have been a doula to 105 women since then.
5. Living in Papua New Guinea for the past eight years, I have had the unique experience of learning the rhythms of birth and the ways of birthing women in a very low tech (more like "no-tech") setting. This has pushed me to develop my ability to read a labouring woman.
6. I have seen a lot, and am a comfortable, calm, gentle, and non-judgemental presence at a birth.
7. I have continued to study and learn and am continually becoming a
8. I strive to work with the entire birth team...I will help you voice your wishes and will work to have a good relationship with your medical providers.
9. I desire to make you "queen for the day" on one of the most amazing days of your life. My goal is for you to have the best birth experience you can possibly have.
10. I breastfed all four of my boys and would love to help you if you choose to breastfeed your precious little one.
11. I have trained 15 doulas.
12. I have studied "spinning babies" techniques,
rebozo use, aromatherapy and the use of belly dance